Fine Tuner 2PP FT8 Bio is our biocompatible fast photo accelerant for two photon polymerization. It is recommended for increasing the cure speed of our 3Dresyns 2PP.
- permits the microfabrication of structures with high integrity and definition even using low laser powers at 10-15 mW
provides the best possible compromise between writing speed and shape accuracy
- very high quantum yield of formation of initiating species Φ >0.95 (800 nm) for excellent kinetics with even low laser powers <1 mW
- does not exhibit any linear absorption >430 nm
- 100% transparent in the Visible range from 430 nm (blue color wavelenth) up to 800 nm
- 100% transparent in the Near Infrared NIR range above 800 nm
- effective Two Photon Absorption TPA cross-section from 600 nm up to 800 nm permitting 2PP with lasers 600-800 nm with even low laser powers (1 mW)
- excellent TPA polymerization over a large spectral range in the visible/ near infrared (600-800 nm range)
- easy mixing and broad compatibiliy with 2PP 3D resins
- typical power thresholds with most 2PP 3Dresyns:
- 3 mW at 1% dosage by weight
- 2 mW at 2% dosage by weight
- 1 mW at 3% dosage by weight
- <1 mW at 4% dosage by weight
- It is recommended the use of Fine Tuner 2PP FT8 Bio in steps of 0.5% in high laser power 2PP printers and of 1% in low laser power 2PP printers to increase gradually printing speed. Avoid over dosage to avoid overcure of the resin beyond limits/specifications, resulting in potential loss of resolution, precision, and dimensional accuracy of your prints
Resolution, precision and dimensional accuracy
The above shown coin after reducing its size 1000 times can be used as calibration file for 2PP, where micrometre units can be replaced by nanometre units (1000 nm =1 microns which symbol is µm). Resolution refers to the range of detail or minimum feature size which can be printed with detail. As shown on the surface of the coin the smallest feature size can be easily evaluated by reading the smallest concentric circle line on the surface of the printed coin, since each circle line has engraved its width and depth in decreasing order from 500 to 2 nanometres after reducing its size 1000 times.
On the other hand, precision refers to the capability to repeatedly print or "reproduce" the same dimensions of prints over and over again with certain variation. Keep in mind that extremely precise prints are not necessarily dimensionally accurate unless the tree spatial xyz dimensions of prints coincide with the three spatial xyz dimensions of the designed stl files which define the theoretical dimensions of prints as defined in the stl files.
Dimensional accuracy of 3D prints refers to how close the three spatial xyz dimensions of 3D prints are to the theoretical three spatial xyz dimensions of designed prints as defined in the stl file before printing.
The stl file of 3Dresyns flat coin as shown once reduced its size 1000 times will have 2 µm thickness (z axis) and 30 µm diameter (xy axis). The relative dimensional accuracy in the xyz axis can be easily measured by measuring the real diameter (xy axis) and thickness (z axis) of the horizontally positioned flat coin. For example, if the thickness of the printed coin is 2.1 µm. The difference between the theoretical and real value is 0.1 µm (100 nanometres) and the % difference is 0.1/2x100=5% which indicates the relative dimensional accuracy in the z axis. The same principle applies to the xy dimensional accuracy. If for example the diameter of the printed coin is 30.3 µm. The difference between the theoretical and real value is 0.3 µm (300 nanometres) and the % difference is 0.3/30x100=1% which indicates the relative dimensional accuracy in the xy axis.
3Dresyns provides for free more detailed Instructions for Use IFU, upon request and after ordering, for selecting the best printing settings of 2PP resins in your specific 2PP printer:
- Our calibration stl files (including the coin shown above: are available for confirmation of printability, and for determining the xyz printing resolution, precision, and dimensional accuracy of the chosen printing settings in your existing printer, before printing your own designs
- Our IFU will provide you a full fingerprint of the achievable printing speed, resolution, precision, and dimensional accuracy of your chosen 2PP 3D resin in your 2PP printer
- The optimum printing settings for your chosen balance of printing speed, resolution, precision, and dimensional accuracy will be chosen by you, following our detailed IFU, with just some basic calibration steps
It is supplied as a kit, which contains the product, one graduated beaker and one empty 100 mL opaque bottle to measure, mix, keep and protect the 2PP 3D resins from daylight. Please do not expose any 3D resins to natural or room light to prevent their curing.
Note: Fine Tuner 2PP FT8 Bio is recommended for 2PP printers having laser wavelengths in the 600-800 nm range. Our 10 grams of Fine Tuner 2PP FT8 Bio is normally used at small dosage from 0.5 to 4% by weight.