3D printing Guidelines for selecting the optimum printing settings in your printer
3D printing guidelines are available for selecting in just few easy steps the optimum printing settings, postcuring and cleansing instructions for your existing 3D printer setup after placing your 3Dresyns order.
The 3Dresyns team has designed easy to follow guidelines for finding in just simple steps the best printing settings of our 3D resins in your specific 3D printer.
Depending on the chosen 3D printer technology, its design, configuration, light power, light power distribution across the vat and the cumulative operating time, the real light power available across the vat for printing will vary significantly even from printer to printer of the same model due to small production differences among units.
The following graph shows a typical light output decay vs cumulative operating time of standard multicolor RGB LCD panels, monochrome LCD panels, digital lamp projectors and LED projectors, all typically used in SLA, DLP & LCD 3D printers.
Lack of light power control, monitorization and prevention are some of the main reasons for printing problems or failure of any 3D printed resins.
Our 3D printing guidelines and online training services will help you to monitor and avoid basic 3D printing problems taking into account the existing power of your printer!
Our 3Dresyns may be easily tuned or adjusted for optimum printing speed and resolution with our free sampled Fine Tuners FT1 and LB1 Bio:
- Fine Tuner FT1 is our favourite general purpose "photoaccelerant" which has been designed to adjust and boost the print speed of our 3Dresyns to different SLA, DLP & LCD 3D printers working with ultraviolet and visible wavelengths up to 410 nm .
- Fine Tuner LB1 Bio is our general purpose clear resolution increaser or resolution-er, which has been designed for improving resolution and detail of prints by reducing light bleeding and undesired overcure of our clear and colored resins. It is recommended for improving XYZ resolution and reducing overcure and "support fusing or merging" of clear and colored 3D resins in SLA, DLP & LCD printers working with lights from 350 to 410 nm, including 405 nm LEDs, lasers and standard DLP projectors and LCDs. An ultra low water absorption version is also available: Fine Tuner LB1 Bio ULWA
Example of power differences of two units of the same printer model:
- Phrozen XL Mono 4K printer unit 1: 1.05/1.15 mW/cm2
- Phrozen XL Mono 4K printer unit 2: 1.10/1.30 mW/cm2
Note: power in mWatts per cm2 crossing the vat expressed with two values: low value in the border/high value in the centre of the vat:
Examples of power differences of the same printer technology by technology type
Example of several standard multicolor LCD printers:
- Anycubic Photon Zero 0.27/0.30 mW/cm2
- Longer Orange 30 0.29/0.31 mW/cm2
- Anycubic Photon S 0.43/0.46 mW/cm2
Example of several monochrome LCD printers:
- Phrozen Sonic Mini 4K: 0.60/0.70 mW/cm2
- Phrozen Sonic Mighty 4K: 0.79/0.93 mW/cm2
- Phrozen XL Mono 4K: 1.05/1.30 mW/cm2
- Creality LD-002H: 1.40/1.80 mW/cm2
- Anycubic Photon Mono X: 1.70/1.90 mW/cm2
As you can see printing settings and exposure times provided for generic printer groups or technologies are not reliable since exposure times depend greatly on the available light power available across the vat for curing the resin.
Several calibration stl files (including the coin shown above) are available for fast optimisation of the printing settings in your existing printer, before printing your own designs.
If you are fighing with your existing printer in a "black box" approach and feel that you need more control and understanding of the fundamental 3D printing variables for ensuring maximum performance (printability and resolution) and reliability/reproducibility of your prints or if you do not have a printer yet or need a new one, then consider contracting our services for recommending the right 3D Printing System for your specific needs and goals, which will include recommendations of all the required instrumentation, tools, instructions, material recommendations and training for professional 3D printing.
We can help you to get the best 3D printer setup /configuration for your budget, with light power and temperature control, washing and postcurintg units, training and all the basic tools and materials for start printing profesionally straight away with maximum quality and safety performance.
Contact us for online 3D printing support services, which include technical support for optimising the printing speed and resolution in your specific 3D printing system.
Our consulting services for full 3D printing systems include recommendations of the best 3D printing system setups for your needs and protocols for monitoring, delaying and compensating the natural decay of the light power available for printing, which is often responsible for print falure.
Basic tools needed for calibration:
- digital caliper
- microscope glass slides
- weighing balance (optional, only needed if you want to play with our Fine Tuners and functional 3D additives)
After placing your order you may request our detailed Instructions for Use "IFU"and calibration stl files by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org