Environmentally friendly biodegradable 3Dresyns
The need of faster biodegradation 3D printing materials is growing significantly due to obvious environmental concerns. The oceans are full of plastics which are killing nature and are affecting the future of our planet. Micro plastics are being absorbed and bioaccumulated in our bodies through the food that we daily eat.
It is time to dedicate resources to environmentally friendly and eco projects.
Our SLA DLP, LCD and InkJet 3D materials can be custom design to biodegrade much faster than conventional synthetic plastics, which take centuries or thousands of years to decompose, since they can be designed with high biological derivatives content, from renewable sources such as:
- Polylactic acid (PLA) is a biodegradable and bioactive plastic from biomass, typically from fermented starch from corn, cassava, sugar cane or sugar beet pulp.
- Polyhydroxy alkanoate (PHA) is produced in nature by numerous microorganisms: bacterial fermentation of sugar or lipids.
- Bio based polyamides made e.g. from sebacic acid, which comes from castor oil (vegetable oil pressed from castor beans)
- Polybutylene succinate (PBS) is derived from natural resources, such as sugarcane cassava and corn, and it is compostable.
Biodegradable 3Dresyns can be also designed with nature friendly synthetic materials such as
- Polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH, PVA) is a water-soluble synthetic polymer, which is nontoxic and biodegrades slowly,
- Polyvinyl acetate (PVAC) slowly converts into polyvinyl alcohol and acetic acid (vinegar)
The basic components of our biodegradable 3Dresyns are “green” and are mainly based on natural biological derivatives, which are synthetically functionalized to react with light.
Our biodegradable 3D materials can be custom designed to meet a broad range of physical properties, from ultra hard and tough (non brittle) to flexible and elastic grades.
Our biodegradable 3Dresyns are mainly synthetically funtionalized bio-based 3D resins made from renewable biological and/or synthetic sources which can be taylored to meet specific mechanical properties and print quality in the SLA, DLP, LCD and Inkjet printer of your choice.
Our biodegradable 3Dresyns can exhibit excellent print speed and do not usually need any thermal or UV postcuring.
Please contact us to consult about our customisation services for designing biodegradable, bio-based and/or synthetic, 3Dresyns and your specific performance goals at: