Our SLA, DLP & LCD 3Dresyns IM product range includes durable and sacrificial SLA, DLP & LCD 3D resins with different rigidities at different temperatures for printing Injection Molds IM for injecting/casting fast, easily and cost effectively a broad range of traditional materials:
Our 3Dresyns IM have been designed for printing 3D printed Injection Molds IM with very high resolution for injecting/casting of:
- waxes such as our 3Dresyns Waxes
- low, medium and high injection (processing and/or curing) temperatures up to 200C or higher, for injection of traditional materials such as:
- plastics such as our new casting or Plastic Injection 3Dresyns, which are light and/or heat curable biocompatible resins or
- polyurethanes for making aligners with the benefit of reducing production costs (laser cutting is not required)
- nylon (polyamide 12) for making partial flexible dentures
- PMMA for making rigid denture bases
- ceramic feedstocks (Ceramic Injection Molding CIM) such as our Ceramic 3Dresyns slurries
- metal feedstocks (Metal Injection Molding MIM) such as our Metal 3Dresyns slurries
- soft and easy breaking SLA, DLP & LCD 3D resins and/or with
- rigid water soluble sacrificial SLA, DLP & LCD 3D resins
Simple shape non entangled castings with the mold can be injected in durable sacrificial molds 3D printed with our durable injection molding 3D resins.
Benefits of our 3D resins for printing injection molds
- broad range of durable SLA, DLP & LCD 3D resins for making injection molds with a broad range of physical properties: from ultra rigid, hard and tough at high injection temperatures to soft, flexible and elastic grades
- non durable, soft, easy breaking in soft parts, which do not cause any damage to soft castings
- non durable rigid water soluble sacrificial molds permit the casting of any injected material, including any thermoplastics (epoxies, polyurethanes, etc), thermosets (2 component resins, plastics, etc..), ceramics and metals feedstocks, with faster debinding that directly 3D printed ceramics and without any maximum wall thickiness limitation nor risk of microcracking during debinding and sintering
- more cost effective production of thermoplastics, thermosets, ceramics and metals parts than tradtional injection molding manufacturing and than direct 3D printing of thermoplastics, thermosets, ceramics and metals
- printable by most commercial and professional SLA, DLP & LCD 3D printers
- customisation for inkjet printers, including Multijet and Polyjet
- formulated for easy demolding
- more versatile, faster and more cost effective in short series production than aluminum CNC mold making
- high resolution up to 20 microns
- allows easy and fast mold design modifications
- metal and organo-tin free
The key is how easily will you be able to extract your castings from the 3D printed mold and its expected durability. Depending on the design of the casting, non durable or durable molds will be needed to do the work!
Mold rigidity, hardness and/or softness at certain injection (processing and/or curing) temperatures become important variables to take into account when considering which physical properties you should choose for making a 3D printed mold. The mold should be rigid enough, to ensure dimensional stability of the casts, at the chosen injection and/or curing temperature of the cast material.
Sacrificial non durable molds
Entangled complex shape soft and hard castings obviously require the use of non durable sacrificial molds. We have two types of 3D resins for making sacrificial 3D printed molds:
Soft , easy breaking, for casting soft materials
- 3Dresyn IM-SF Cocoon, easy breaking in soft parts". Ideal for soft sacrificial molds, which can be used with soft castings of entangled complex shapes.
- 3Dresyn IM-HDT-WS, high deflection temperature and water soluble for very high injection temperature of ceramics and metal slurries
- 3Dresyn IM-UHR-WS, ultra hard and rigid and water soluble for very high injection temperature of ceramics and metal slurries
- 3Dresyn IM-UHT-WS, ultra hard and tough and water soluble for medium injection temperature of plastics
- 3Dresyn IM-HT-WS, hard and tough and water soluble for low and medium injection temperature of plastics, silicones and waxes
Relatively softer or harder durable molds are recommended for simple shaped 3D printed molds and for not too delicate and intricate or entangled castings with the mold.
For example, one would not choose a too hard or rigid durable mold for castings of a delicate simple shaped model because it would not offer enough flexibility to extract the model without breaking it. When injecting soft materials at low injection pressures relatively medium soft durable molds would have enough rigidity to provide dimensional stability and enough flexibility to easily extract the model with simple shaped designs.
The selection of the right rigidity for eack work will depend on the degree of rigidity of the minimum feature size of your molds, both at room and at injection, processing and curing temperatures of your system.
Below is our selection of Durable 3Dresyns IM shown with decreasing order of rigidity (from ultra hard & rigid at high injection temperatures to elastic). Click on the icons to discover our durable 3D resins for Injection Molding: