Our 3Dresyns have been designed to avoid or minimise the use of highly irritant low viscosity monomers to reduce as much as possible any potential safety and health hazards.
SLA, DLP & LCD 3D resins
From the rheological (viscosity) perspective our SLA, DLP & LCD 3Dresyns have been specially formulated to keep colors in suspersion for long time. They have a broad range of viscosities depending on the required performance and application. Some have been designed with ultra low viscosities such as <20 mPas at 20ºC, close to the viscosity of water with 1 mPas, whilst others have been designed with much higher viscosity around 10.000 mPas at 20ºC for improved mechanical properties and biocompatibility.
Some of of our 3Dresyns with improved mechanical performance and biocompatibility, such as 3Dresyns "like" best engineering plastics have been intentionally designed with high viscosity to maximise their mechanical strength and safety. Relatively high viscosity 3D resins can be ordered with relatively lower or higher viscosity:
- HV stands for relatively Higher Viscosity versions for increased mechanical properties and biocompatibility, but higher peeling force (adhesion on the FEP or PDMS).
- HV versions are ideal for printers having heating systems for printing at >25ºC
- LV stands for relatively Lower Viscosity versions for decreased peeling force, but relatively lower mechanical properties and biocompatibility.
- LV versions have lower viscosity than HV versions but are still relatively viscous resins
- LV versions can normally be printed without any heating systems, presuming the room temperature is at least at 20-25ºC
- Heating them before and optionally during printing will reduce their peeling force
- Discover the benefits of printing with heated printers since for a small investment of 50 Euro a heating unit can be easily installed by yourself in your existing printer
Inkjet 3Dresyns are supplied with very low viscosities <20 mPas at 70ºC and <15 mPas at 80ºC. Our colored Inkjet 3Dresyns, for both MultiJet and PolyJet printers, exhibit excellent stability without any settling.
Reactive bio diluents
Several 3Dresyn thinners or diluents have been developed to reduce the viscosity* of our 3Dresyns, despite its use it is not needed for printing most of our resins in most printers and printing conditions. These thinners are ideal for printer users used to working with low viscosity unsafe monomer based 3D resins:
- Thinner 3Dresyn RHDT Bio is a Rigid biocompatible diluent or thinner which has been developed to increase the "HDT" Heat Deflection Temperature (HDT> 160ºC) and reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has very low viscosity (<150 mPas) and can be used with any of our more viscous 3Dresyns to decrease their viscosity and increase their hardness and HDT values.
- Thinner 3Dresyn R Bio is a Rigid biocompatible reactive diluent or thinner with a deflection temperature >110ºC. It has an extremely low viscosity (<15 mPas) and very good viscosity reduction.
- Thinner 3Dresyn H Bio is a Hard bio based and biocompatible diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has very low viscosity (<150 mPas) and can be used with any of our more viscous 3Dresyns with Shore D < 80 to decrease their viscosity and increase significantly their hardness and curing speed, even with small additions <10%.
- Thinner 3Dresyn SFT MF Bio is a Super Fast & Tough biocompatible "monomer free" diluent or thinner which has been developed to increase the cure speed "boost" and reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns without sacrificing their toughness, specially with low power printers. Thinner 3Dresyn SFT has very low viscosity (<300 mPas) and shrinkage and can be used with any of our 3Dresyns to increase significantly their curing speed, even with small additions <5-10%.
- Thinner 3Dresyn TF Bio is our Tough & Foldable diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity and increase the toughness and foldability of any of our 3Dresyns. it has an extremely low viscosity <20 mPas.
- Thinner 3Dresyn E is an Elastic diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has extremely low viscosity (<10 mPas) and it has been designed to reduce the viscosity and increase the elasticity and flexibility of any of our 3Dresyns without sacrificing twisting resistance nor foldability. It exhibit slow medium cure and intrinsic low light bleeding.
*Note. Viscosity units are expressed either in centipoise cps or in milli Pascal second mPas. FYI: 1 cps=1 mPas