Viscosity of our 3Dresyns
Our Synthetic and Bio 3Dresyns have been designed to avoid or minimise the use of highly irritant low viscosity monomers to reduce as much as possible any potential safety and health hazards.
From the rheological (viscosity) perspective all our 3Dresyns can be divided in two groups:
- Clear versions: they exhibit similar properties but lower viscosity than their equivalent colored versions. They are transparent and are used in clear finishes. Added pigments will settle/sediment after a while.
- Colored versions: they have been specially formulated to keep colors in suspersion for long time. Their yield value viscosity (zero shear viscosity) is slightly higher than their clear version equivalents but have enough flow to print successfully without affecting the levelling nor the printability.
- NextGen versions: they are transparent and are used in clear and colored finishes. The addition of our NextGen colors will not provoke any settling/sedimentation as happens with existing state of the art competitive coloring bases.
Our new range of colors, the NextGen 3Dresyns Colors, exhibit excellent stability without any settling/sedimentation with all our 3Dresyns, including also all our the clear versions, as well as with most commercial 3D resins.
Several 3Dresyn thinners or diluents have been developed to reduce the viscosity of our colored 3Dresyns. These viscosity thinners are ideal for printer users used to working with low viscosity monomer based 3D resins and are aware of their higher allergic skin and eye irritancy.
While they have been formulated to ensure safe handling, care has to be taken when handling these diluents/thinners:
- Thinner 3Dresyn H is a Hard diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has very low viscosity (<150 mPas) and can be used with any of our 3Dresyns, with the exception of our F, S, SF and E grades, to reduce their viscosity without decreasing significantly their hardness nor their curing speed.
Thinner 3Dresyn E is an Elastic diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has extremely low viscosity (<10 mPas) and it has been designed to reduce the viscosity and increase the elasticity and flexibility of any of our 3Dresyns without sacrificing twisting resistance nor foldability. It exhibit slow medium cure and intrinsic low light bleeding.
- Thinner 3Dresyn SFT is a Super Fast & Tough "monomer free" diluent or thinner which has been developed to increase the cure speed "boost" and reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns without sacrificing their toughness, specially with low power printers. Thinner 3Dresyn SFT has very low viscosity (<300 mPas) and shrinkage and can be used with any of our 3Dresyns, with the exception of our F, S, SF and E grades, to increase significantly their curing speed, even with small additions <5%.
Please contact us to consult about our Thinner 3Dresyns at: info@3Dresyns.com