Rheology of our 3Dresyns®
Our 3Dresyns have been designed to avoid or minimise the use of highly irritant low viscosity monomers to reduce as much as possible any potential safety and health hazards.
Some of of our best 3Dresyns, such as 3Dresyns "like" best engineering plastics can be ordered at relatively low or high viscosity versions for each generic product reference:
- HV stands for High Viscosity version for increased mechanical properties and biocompatibility but higher peeling force (adhesion on the FEP or PDMS). HV versions are ideal for printers having heating systems for printing at >25ºC.
- LV stands for Low Viscosity version for decreased peeling force but relatively lower mechanical properties and biocompatibility. LV versions are ideal for printers without any heating systems for printing at <25ºC and >25ºC
- Discover the benefits of printing with heated printers since for a small investment of 50 Euro a heating unit can be easily installed by yourself in your existing printer
From the rheological (viscosity) perspective all our 3Dresyns can be divided in groups:
- Standard SLA, DLP & LCD 3Dresyns have been specially formulated to keep colors in suspersion for long time. Their yield value viscosity (zero shear viscosity) is slightly higher than their clear version equivalents but have enough flow to print successfully without affecting the levelling nor the printability.
- NextGen SLA, DLP and LCD 3Dresyns are supplied in clear and colored finishes with the same flow and viscosity for the same product reference. They are colored with our NextGen colors which do not settle. This new range of colors exhibits excellent stability without any settling with any of our 3Dresyns.
- Inkjet 3Dresyns are supplied in clear and colored finishes with excellent flow and inkjet viscosities below 20 mPas at 70C. Our colored Inkjet 3Dresyns, for both MultiJet and PolyJet printers, exhibit excellent stability without any settling.
Several 3Dresyn thinners or diluents have been developed to reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns, despite it is not needed. These thinners are ideal for printer users used to working with low viscosity monomer based 3D resins:
- Thinner 3Dresyn RHDT Bio is a Rigid biocompatible diluent or thinner which has been developed to increase the "DT" Deflection Temperature (its HDT is above 160ºC) and reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has very low viscosity (<150 mPas) and can be used with any of our more viscous 3Dresyns to decrease their viscosity and increase their hardness and HDT values.
- Thinner 3Dresyn H Bio is a Hard bio based and biocompatible diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has very low viscosity (<150 mPas) and can be used with any of our more viscous 3Dresyns with Shore D < 80 to decrease their viscosity and increase significantly their hardness and curing speed, even with small additions <10%.
- Thinner 3Dresyn TF Bio is our Tough & Foldable diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity and increase the toughness and foldability of any of our 3Dresyns. it has an extremely low viscosity <20 mPas.
- Thinner 3Dresyn E is an Elastic diluent or thinner which has been developed to reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns. It has extremely low viscosity (<10 mPas) and it has been designed to reduce the viscosity and increase the elasticity and flexibility of any of our 3Dresyns without sacrificing twisting resistance nor foldability. It exhibit slow medium cure and intrinsic low light bleeding.
- Thinner 3Dresyn SFT Bio is a Super Fast & Tough biocompatible "monomer free" diluent or thinner which has been developed to increase the cure speed "boost" and reduce the viscosity of our 3Dresyns without sacrificing their toughness, specially with low power printers. Thinner 3Dresyn SFT has very low viscosity (<300 mPas) and shrinkage and can be used with any of our 3Dresyns to increase significantly their curing speed, even with small additions <5-10%.
Please contact us to consult about our 3Dresyns at: info@3Dresyns.com