3Dresyn Edu-Safe is an ultra safe non skin irritant 3D resin which has been designed for ultra safe SLA, DLP & LCD 3D at homes, schools and universities. 3Dresyns goal is to design, make and promote safe and environmentally friendly 3D resins to ensure safe printing resin handling and disposal.
The main advantages of SLA vs FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) or filament printing is higher resolution (detail of prints), broader material range, and higher mechanical properties. One of the key disadvantages of SLA is that most low cost SLA 3D resins are not safe, causing at least skin and eye irritation, besides more harmful health and environmental hazards.
Another limitation of SLA 3D printing has been its secrecy related to its basic fundamentals, creating a sense of mistery and in practice frustrating "blax box" testing. In order to unboxing the "blax box" and promote scientific teaching and safe printing, the 3Dresyns team has designed simple, scientific and reliable 3D printing guidelines to ensure a clear and deep understanding of SLA 3D printing fundamentals.
3Dresyn Edu-Safe is a non hazardous "100% safe" 3D resin which exhibits these features and benefits:.
- ultra safe*
- supplied in two versions:
- MF version (Monomer Free MF as supplied)
- Bio version (bio-based and biodegradable)
- 0% VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- hard with certain minor flexibility at thin thickness: Shore hardness D70-80
- compatible with most commercial SLA, DLP & LCD 3D printers
- full range of colors including ultra safe fancy colored finishes: special metallic and non metallic food grade bio colors
- BPA free (Bisphenol A)
- organo tin free
*Note: it exhibits very low potential risk of skin irritation even with allergic individuals. Despite the high safety standards of this product, gloves and goggles must be used when handling these, and other chemicals, to ensure maximum safety practices. Read always the Material Safety Data Sheet MSDS before using any 3D resin.