Example of testing standards
The properties of our 3D resins are tested with the following standards:
- Tensile strength at yield and ultimate ISO 527-2
- Young´s modulus ISO 527-2
- % Elongation at yield and ultimate ISO 527-2
- Flexural strength at yield and ultimate ISO 178
- Shore hardness ISO 868
- Deflection Temperature HDT@45 ISO 75
Our biocompatible 3D resins for biomedical, orthodontic and dental applications have been developed, evaluated and passed the quality requirements of several ISO standards, such as ISO 10993-1, ISO 7405 and ISO 18562-1-4 (read each product information for compliancy with relevant specific ISO standards) after have been properly printed and postprocessed with appropriate printer and postprocessing units, including appropriate quality control instrumentation, workflow processes, protocols and quality controls.
Nevertheless, medical device manufacturers are responsible of certifying their medical devices and facilities since the final quality and biocompatibility of any medical device rely on their capabilities as manufacturers, since their chosen printer, printing and overall postprocessing setups, specifications and quality controls are under their own responsibility, far beyond the control and responsibility of any 3D resin supplier.
For more info read:
- About Certification of biomedical devices and food packaging
- Testing of biocompatible 3D printed resins
- Effect of printing specifications on biocompatibility and mechanical properties
- Effect of fine tuning on biocompatibility and mechanical properties
- Effect of printers on biocompatibility, safety and mechanical properties
- Testing standards: Effect of printer and printing specifications on results
- Key variables affecting mechanical performance of 3D prints
- Tg, HDT, and mechanical properties depend on printing specifications
3Dresyns analytical services
- the following analytical services can be contracted for helping you to design the right material for your specifications.
3Dresyns printing consulting
- if you need support for designing your optimum printer setup discover our full 3D printing system consulting services