The typical properties of our made to order 3Dresyns are tested with the following standards:
Engineering 3D resins testings
- Tensile strength ISO 527-2
- Young´s modulus ISO 527-2
- % Elongation at yield ISO 527-2
- Flexural strength ISO 178
- Shore hardness ISO 868
- Deflection Temperature HDT@45 ISO 75
Orthodontics and Dental 3D resins testings
- Ultimate flexural strength ISO 20795-1
- Flexural modulus ISO 20795-1
- Sorption ISO 20795-1
- Solubility ISO 20795-1
- Residual monomer ISO 20795-1
- Biocompatibility: cytotoxicity ISO 10993-1
- Biocompatibility: mutagenicity ISO 10993-1
- Biocompatibility: erythema or edema reactions ISO 10993-1
- Biocompatibility: sensitizer ISO 10993-1
- Biocompatibility: systemic toxicity ISO 10993-1
Photopolymer 3D resins are photoreactive resin systems, which depending on their design, functional additives used, degree of cure (% conversion from monomer to polymer) during the printing, postcuring and cleaning process used for removing residuals and byproducts, can have increased or decreased mechanical properties and biocompatibility.
Their overall properties also vary significantly and depend on the final 3D resin customisation to different printer, postcuring and post processing specifications, which affect the overall performance properties and biocompatibility of printed materials.
Photopolymer 3D resins cannot be considered finished materials, such as conventional plastics or polymers, because their functionality "performance" and biocompatibility depend greatly on their customisation, degree of cure and cleansing of any residuals and reaction byproducts, which depend significantly on the printer power, postcuring, cleansing and overall post processing specifications and protocols. Learn more about our Instructions for Use IFU.
Different printers have different specifications, such as light wavelength (365, 385 and the most commonly used 405 nm) and light power across the resin tank, which can range from 0.3 to 50 mW/cm2 or even higher depending on the chosen SLA, DLP, LCD or Inkjet printer.
Our made to order 3D resins require different dosages of our photoacelerant Fine Tuners FT for different light power printers. Depending on the dosage of the chosen photoacelerant Fine Tuners FT and other functional additives and colors, higher or lower printing speed, resolution, mechanical properties and biocompatiblity can be achieved.
Due to the different printing specifications, or setups variability, 3D resin customisation for each printer setup is required.
As example, our made to order multifunctional 3Dresyns for different printers may have some viscosity and mechanical properties variability for each particular product reference (not for different lots for each SKU). This is the reason for not disclosing all the properties specifications as fixed values, such as the viscosity or Rheology of our 3Dresyns since the Fine Tuners and other functional additives dosages affect the viscosity as well as other properties, such as light fastness (yellowing), biocompatibility and mechanical properties. 3D resins just need to flow to ensure that the resin tank or vat is covered by resin during printing.
On the other hand, the typical physical properties of our 3Dresyns are shown in value ranges or with values above ">" or below "<" certain x units since our published data reflects typical properties which can obtained with different SLA, DLP and LCD printers, postcuring and postprocessing conditions, such as:
- low power printers, such as LCD and MLCD printers, commonly provide improved resolution and mechanical properties but inferior biocompatibility, yellowing and light fastness
- high power printers, such as laser SLA printers (eg Form 2 & 3) and high power DLP printers provide improved biocompatibility and light fastness but typically inferior mechanical properties (brittleness)
- the use of isopropanol IPA reduces the mechanical properties of most materials: Discover our cleaning products
- If you need support for designing your optimum printer setup discover our full 3D printing system consulting services
Contact us to consult about our Services and 3Dresyns at: info@3Dresyns.com