Benefits of printing with heated printers
As a rule of thumb “the higher the viscosity of 3D resins the higher achievable mechanical properties and safety”.
- Most low viscosity 3D resins commonly exhibit poor mechanical properties, such as poor toughness and mechanical strength. They contain low viscosity monomers, which are fragile like eggshells or Christmas balls and responsible for skin irritancy and other hazards.
3Dresyns supply both: monomer free and monomer-based 3D resins:
- Our monomer free 3D resins are ultra-safe, do not contain any monomers and still flow well enough for their printing at room temperature with most SLA, DLP & LCD printers.
- Similarly, most of our monomer-based 3D resins, despite having lower viscosity and higher flow, exhibit unique mechanical performance and safety, since we are committed to use safe synthetic and bio-based high performing monomers to prevent any significant decrease of mechanical properties and safety.
Which are the benefits of printing high viscosity resins that we cannot be achieved with low viscosity resins?
- Most low viscosity 3D resins have poor mechanical properties and safety, limiting their usage to modelling and prototyping. They are like egg-shells or Christmas balls which break too easily upon hand pressure due to their intrinsic fragility. Most low viscosity 3D resins also contain toxic monomers, which due to their small molecule size can penetrate easily in the body through the skin, even after printing if or when they are not fully cured and properly cleaned.
- 3Dresyns high viscosity resins have been designed to have higher overall mechanical properties and safety. With the right raw material selection and 3D resin design, relatively higher viscosity systems permit making safe ultra tough and durable materials.
- 3Dresyns high viscosity resins are less prone to be absorbed through the skin due to their relatively higher molecule size and safe ingredients in comparsion to most competitors´ resin systems, which are commonly based on highly irritant toxic monomers.
- 3Dresyns high viscosity resins can be printed in most commercial printers at 25-50ºC after installing a heater. A professional heating system costs around 50 Euro and its installation takes 5 minutes.
Which other benefits can be achieved besides improved mechanical and safety properties with printing at high temperature (25-50ºC)?
- the viscosity and stickiness and the adhesion of the resin on the surface of the resin tank decreases as well as the risk of print failure, since the separation force decreases significantly
Discover some of our consulting services for choosing the best printer setup for your specific needs.
Do you want to print at room temperature or at relatively high temperature (25-50ºC) to benefit of the advantages of printing with temperature control?
Our 3Dresyns can be printed in both scenarios:
- Low cost printers with prices from 200 to 2000 Euro can be used with our 3Dresyns and are ideal for short-medium runs
- professional and hobby SLA, DLP & LCD printers can be used without any modifications with our Low Viscosity LV versions
- for achieving higher mechanical performance, low cost heating systems can be installed to print our High Viscosity HV versions
- during ordering you will have the option of choosing Low Viscosity LV or High Viscosity HV versions for some of our 3D resins
- our LV versions are ready to print at room temperature in most SLA, DLP & LCD printers. They exhibit higher mechanical properties than most competitors´ resins
- our HV versions are ready to print at high temperature (25-40ºC) in most SLA, DLP & LCD printers.They exhibit higher mechanical properties than LV versions
- both versions are ultra safe, do not contain any Volatile Organic Compounds VOC´s and exhibit ultra high mechanical performance
Affordable professional heating systems can be easily installed in any printer for less than 50 Euro:
- Heater: A small 300 W heater with fan with a 6x6 cm is enough for heating fast most printers up to 50ºC or higher. This unit can be installed anywhere, behind the resin tank, on the platform inside the cover, thanks to its reduced size:
- Mini heaters are ideal for heating small printers
- Temperature controller: a temperature controller is ideal for keeping constant the temperature inside the printer chamber. The temperature sensor probe can be located in a corner inside the resin tank to ensure that the temperature of the resin is kept constant during printing
Benefits of working with 3Dresyns
- Most of our 3Dresyns are safe, eco-friendly, and printable with most commercial 3D printers at room temperature. We have a whole range of Engineering 3Dresyns with similar and even better properties than the best engineering materials.
3D printers future
- The market is waiting for printer manufacturers to develop affordable bigger printers based on MLCD technology. Our 3Dresyns technology is ready for it!
- It is also important that printer manufacturers develop reliable printers with heating systems at competitive prices. Depending on the chosen 3D printer technology, its design, configuration, light wavelength, power, its distribution across the vat and the cumulative operating time, the real light power available across the vat for printing may vary and decay significantly upon usage.
- The decay of light power over time needs to be addressed and resolved to promote the shift from traditional manufacturing towards 3D printing. Right now, unfortunately, only few printer manufacturers have addressed these basic problems.
- Lack of light power control, monitorization and prevention of its decay are some of the main reasons for frustration, printing problems, variability, or failure.
- Professional printing requires printers with constant specifications to drive the shift form traditional manufacturing towards industrial additive manufacturing.
- 3Dresyns basic instructions help to get in just simple steps the best printing settings of our 3D resins for the existing "state or light power" of any 3D printer but cannot resolve any light power decay related to the printer itself. We sell 3D resins, not printers!
- Professional printing requires "constant", non-variable printing conditions.
- Our consulting services can help you to overcome the existing eggshell-like material problems and printing inconsistency of most commercial printing systems.
- Biocompatible and food contact applications require maximum control of printing, postcuring and post processing settings to ensure maximum safety for final users. Nowadays, only some printers are calibrated or can be calibrated to print with constant light power over time.
- 3Dresyns offer consulting services for designing the best 3D printer setups and workflows for printing professionally straight away with maximum quality, consistency and reproducibility, even with low cost printers with prices ranging from 500 to 10.000 Euro.
- Collections which can be benefited from printing at relatively high temperature between 25-50ºC: Engineering 3Dresyns with similar and even better properties than the best engineering plastics.
Are not you tired of printing fragile resins?
If you need help to select the right 3D resin or additives for your needs, contact us by email: email@example.com